Q: The display and the power indicator can not light up.
Please check if the USB cable is properly connected to the monitor and power connector.
Q: The display is not on, the power indicator is in red.
1. Please check if the display and connected device are turned on;
2. Please make sure the USB cable is properly connected between the display and the connected device;
3. Please check the signal cable to ensure all pins are properly aligned. Try to connect other devices to eliminate the cause of the device;
4. if the fault persists, please contact the after-sales center for technical support.
Q: Why No signal is shown.
1. Please check if the signal cable is correctly connected to the interface of the connected device;
2. Then try to re-plug the cable by connecting to the power supply first, then the signal line.
Q: The image on display has ripples and flickers in and out.
1. Please make sure the wire is properly connected between the display and the connected device;
2. Please remove any electronic device that may cause electronic interference.
Q: Discoloration on the screen (distorted/Washed out).
Please check the connecting wire to ensure all pins are properly aligned.
Q: Why the screen of the monitor appears to flicker?
1. If the screen flickers, it is necessary to check whether the power supply 18W or above to supply power to the display.
2. If the power supply is normal and the screen flickers, please contact the after-sales center for technical support.
Q: What kind of panel does the monitor use?
The monitor uses an IPS panel. Since liquid crystal molecules are used in the IPS screen to gain a better view angle, while reducing the penetration of light for a better display, so the illuminance of the backlight is also increased. Therefore, backlight bleeding is a common phenomenon on all LCD, and these light areas usually appear along the edges or corners of the monitor This approach makes IPS losing its high contrast, and the static contrast ratio of IPS is generally between 2000:1 and 3000:1. The static contrast of the AV screen can easily reach 5000:1.
Q: How do I claim the warranty?
A: Please properly keep the barcode which is at the bottom of the screen first.
We provide a one-year warranty for Quality-Related Issues.
Before submitting a warranty claim, please refer to the specific FAQs for your product and attempt all troubleshooting suggestions.
If you believe the item is defective and under warranty, please contact us for further help.